Main Menu

WebCC iPhone

Started by PsuFan, September 17, 2012, 11:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsuFan

To all WebCC iPhone gamers:

I'm sorry to announce that all updates for WebCC iPhone have been put on hold. Its a slightly complicated domino affect that I will try and explain as simply as I can. Behind the scenes to most, after a new operating system (iOS) is released so is a new version of Xcode. Xcode is a software developer kit (SDK) designed by Apple that allows you to write apps for the iPhone/iPad. This new version of Xcode allows developers to access new features in the operating system as well as develop code to support new devices (such as the iPhone 5). So the first problem is the new Xcode requires a new version of Apples computer operating system (Mac OS X). Apple also decided that this new version of Mac OS X would not be supported on my Apple computer because it is too old, which was purchased in 2008 for the sole purpose of developing WebCC iPhone.

Unfortunately it makes it near impossible for me to test and develop new versions of WebCC iPhone. Rest assured, this will not be the last version of WebCC iPhone. It will be put on hold while I figure out the computer situation (do I try and sell the old computer, etc). This may cause some issues for future iPhone 5 users because of the change in screen size. I do not know how this change will affect the millions of apps in the App Store (including WebCC) but I hope you will have patience in waiting for an update to bring full compatibility to the iPhone 5.
You have the power to make every day better.

CraigV

Luckily, however, WebCC still works on Apple's new iOS (well, when it's on my iPhone 4). From what I gather, it would not still work on the iPhone 5 .
The Last Few Chips
Volume I: 400 CC1 levels Plot
Volume II: Quasar Industries: 146/156 WebCC levels
Volume III: 0/450 CC2 levels

PsuFan

It works fine on the iPhone 5 (or any other device) on iOS 6. It is unable to utilize the bigger screen, everything else works just fine.

PsuFan

Everything has been resolved with developing for the iPhone 5. I plan on having a new version in the second week of January. Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

The new version will feature:
- iPhone 5 support
- Landscape support
- More levels
- Password level access so you can keep in sync with devices

suburbhater

3000 is likely not enough!  Those of us who like levels like lots and lots of them.

PsuFan

CraigV

Are there any new tiles to come with the new iOS update? Like, tiles that are in the online version already?
The Last Few Chips

PsuFan

There's only one tile that isn't in the iOS version and that's force squares. I need to release this update ASAP. They won't make it in time.

CraigV

Makes sense. I was actually under the impression that things such as the purple button wasn't yet programmed.
The Last Few Chips

PsuFan

I had to go check make sure sticks were in there, I played my Fire Sticks level. It has a purple button as well.

PsuFan

Finally got WebCC iPhone submitted. The scheduled release date is Jan 14-15.

PsuFan

UPDATE: WebCC iPhone will begin appearing in App Stores across the world. Available world wide by: Friday 1/11 3:00 PM EST.

TY Apple for quick release  AND good 1300'th post.

CraigV

Very nice. I look forward to new levels. Ones I've played before. Oh well.
The Last Few Chips

PsuFan

It has a unified password system, skip levels on other devices. Passwords for levels with force tiles will not be accepted.

suburbhater

Does this mean you need some good levels without force tiles for a pack?  I can try my list of good levels that are not in packs and see if there are a dozen or so without force tiles for you.