Main Menu

Password Mishap

Started by PsuFan, June 23, 2015, 10:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsuFan

I accidentally changed all level passwords. I've backed up what I have and will be looking for a more recent backup, but new levels passwords have permanently been changed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

PS. I backed everything up before the change, but it turned out to be corrupt.
You have the power to make every day better.

Willess12

All the passwords to my levels are gone.  Should I go through and put them back, or might that mess with what you're doing?

PsuFan

You can put them back if you want, but I might be able to recover some of the ones you change. Up to you.

suburbhater

Fascinating.  Does this mean that old links to levels will no longer work too?  I see my levels have different passwords (not that I care) so wonder if I need to put in new links to the levels (in my thread in forums)

PsuFan

Or change the passwords back to what they were before, yes. I am looking for more recent backups to recover more passwords. The good news is, all levels now have passwords.  :-\

suburbhater

Not quite all - my list is showing one new level with no password.

PsuFan

You must have just made it today then.

suburbhater

Not me - someone else.  I was rather hoping it would not save without a password. 

PsuFan

Didn't get to that yet.

suburbhater

Ah - well then may I have permission to put in passwords as I notice levels without?  Doing them as they crop up will be fairly easy.

WeeKatie

I'm going to change mine back to what they were - not so hard when you don't have 200+!

suburbhater

I am not going to worry about mine - not sure what they were anyway!

StoneRoad

Is that why I get "incorrect password" when trying to get into anything other than level I for map-packs ?

BrandyBottle

Seems like the Big Guy was able to recover them. All my levels look OK and I tried some random ones as well.

PsuFan

@ Lynne, Sure you can change them, or I can execute a script that adds passwords to all "empty" passwords.

@ StoneRoad, Yes, unfortunately some of the passwords you wrote down I lost, and a new password was generated in its place. We can give you the new password for whatever level you need.

@ BrandyBottle, I was only able to recover really old levels. Any new level password was lost.  :(