Main Menu

Password Mishap

Started by PsuFan, June 23, 2015, 10:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandyBottle

Quote from: PsuFan on June 25, 2015, 09:20:21 AM
@ BrandyBottle, I was only able to recover really old levels. Any new level password was lost.  :(
I rechecked and only about 50 of my levels had the original password. Fortunately I have a list of all except my last 2 and I can  retrieve those by checking the links in the forums. A long process but manageable

I have reset all my passwords now and also all of those referenced in the 'Different kind of new' pack

suburbhater

Wow!  You are really on top of things Uncle Charlie. I just figured I would start a new thread for my levels and give the last level password.  Not that I know what most of my passwords were anyway....

BrandyBottle

I created a spreadsheet long ago to record all my level information to avoid the possibility of duplicating a password

WeeKatie

Such dedication! I am very glad right now that a lack of imagination led me to make most of my passwords out of the level plus number of chips.

wendushka49

That's very clever too!  I was wondering if, now that passwords have been changed, I might take this opportunity to sort out my pack.  There are some levels I am not happy with (some of the earlier ones particularly) and I would like to delete them or archive them somehow.  Does anyone have any objections?

BrandyBottle

I thought about doing something similar but realised that then my 200th level wouldn't be my 200th any more and that was a special map made for the occasion. If I archived some of the ones I'm not too happy about I would have to replace them with something new - too much work  ;)

suburbhater

Why not leave the levels that you do not like - but update them and make them so you do like them? 

wendushka49

Now that's a really good idea!  I might change them quite a lot as some of them are almost clones of each other.  I will get working on it as soon as I have finished my Q level!

suburbhater

I should revamp my own levels too - only honestly once I make a level it then bores me!  I much prefer playing levels made by the rest of you.

PsuFan

Deleted levels are archived, though I'm thinking about deleting them soon. There are just as many deleted levels as we have undeleted levels!
You have the power to make every day better.

suburbhater

Wow - that is a lot of deleted levels!  Any way that Charlie and I can look at them to see if we can revamp or salvage some?

PsuFan

You have the power to make every day better.