Main Menu

I Need A Name!

Started by PsuFan, January 30, 2010, 07:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsuFan

I was just saying you were about to take control, and I dont even know you. For all I know it could be a scam to turn my site into yours lol. Im sure you would feel the same way in my shoes.
You have the power to make every day better.

FireflyX

Well I wasn't scamming you but I run 9 websites and I wouldn't even let friends touch them so I do understand your point of view. I do hope you would allow me to post a topic about it in your "Forum Games/Gaming Chat" though.

PsuFan

Sure, unless you plan on making a web version, which would be bad for me.

FireflyX

Now that you mention it a PHP/MySQL version with a database of grid references would be interesting... but I highly doubt I'll be doing that ;)

CraigV

Heh, Psu, I guess we really need a complete new look on the tiles if we ever want to get away from Chip's Challenge...
The Last Few Chips
Volume I: 400 CC1 levels Plot
Volume II: Quasar Industries: 146/156 WebCC levels
Volume III: 0/450 CC2 levels

PsuFan

@ Firefly, you can make chips with just PHP/MySQL?

@ CraigV, I dont know if we want to get completely away from it. But I would like earned items.

CraigV

Well, far enough that they can't catch us legally, but still close enough for fans to find us. However, Mike's site does that...

If we go with a plot, you need to have a final level for the plot and certain key points.
The Last Few Chips

FireflyX

Quote@ Firefly, you can make chips with just PHP/MySQL?
It would have to involve clicking to move rather than arrow keys. Also the page would have to reload each time you move although if you combine it with Javascript/Ajax then that wouldn't be the case... so yeh it's possible.

PsuFan

PsuFan

Thanks but I think thats too many words.

CraigV

The Last Few Chips

pennd

Quote from: PsuFan on March 22, 2010, 08:26:21 PM
Thanks but I think thats too many words.

perhaps, but it's relevant (chip: instead of "off the old block" it plays on the motherboard aspect), makes sense (old: this is an old game for me, played when I was a kid on the atari Lynx and it's not quite the same game, so its like a chip of the ol' block), not too difficult to remember (it's a play on an known adage) and most importantly it's available.  anyhow, that's my suggestion.  if I come up with another, I'll post it.

PsuFan

ah yes, that does make more sence now, but I still dont like it that much, sorry.