Main Menu

I Need A Name!

Started by PsuFan, January 30, 2010, 07:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigV

We need to think outside the box here.

confuzled.com or something.

I'm not saying that should be it, but the point of a name change is to resolve possible copyright infringement before it becomes a problem. Most of the names here either have "psumaps/psufan" in them which is blatantly vain, or have a name derived from "Chips Challenge" though there are tiles that are completely creative.
The Last Few Chips
Volume I: 400 CC1 levels Plot
Volume II: Quasar Industries: 146/156 WebCC levels
Volume III: 0/450 CC2 levels

tagno25

4th Matt Plasma

One of these might be good enough

-webpuzzlemaker.com
-corpuzzle.com
-mindchallenger.com
-brainbender.com
-puzzlechallenge.com
-gamemaker.com
-mindtrainergames.com
-controtilegames.com

PsuFan

But they arent the greatest names for games...
You have the power to make every day better.

Bizkit

How about these:

logicalmaze.com
logicalchallenge.com
questoflogic.com
mazeoflogic.com

CraigV

Okay, I hope Psu doesn't mind if I add a criterion: it must be catchy and memorable.
The Last Few Chips

Bizkit

Well, I thought Quest of Logic met both of those criteria, but I guess people do think differently. Perhaps you could give some examples of games whose names you find catchy and memorable so we have a better idea of what you're looking for.

Since chuckschallenge.com is taken, why not go with chucksquest.com or chucksjourney.com?

CraigV

Here is what I think:

Obviously, Chip's Challenge is a catchy name. Same with Doom and Quake.

Portal isn't so catchy, but almost everyone thinks of it now when anyone says "portal."

Basically, it needs to either be short or the abbreviation needs to be cool and probably spell something.

I'm on a role-play named "LORE" which stands for "The Legacy of Riddled Eve." So something similar to that concept.
The Last Few Chips

PsuFan

Because "Chucks Challenge" is going to be a major competitor, why would I name mine close to his?

Bizkit

@ CraigV: Thanks for giving us your opinion on what you like.

@PsuFan: I don't know, I was just throwing out some ideas.

How about kylesquest.com? It has the same kind of alliteration which makes Chip's Challenge catchy.

By the way, why should length truly matter? Once you find the website, all you need to do is bookmark it. Or, if you don't like to use bookmarks, you can simply write it down. You don't need to memorize anything.

CraigV

It's easier to say smaller things. I personally like long words, but then the spelling can get to be a problem. No one calls it Knights of the Old Republic. They've all shortened it to KTOR. Why not keep it short to begin with?

Also, I have, in the past, suggested such things as "Doug's Dilemma," and "Elijah's Issue," but Psu nixed the idea. It says why somewhere in the history of this (i think).
The Last Few Chips

PsuFan

Who says they even have to start with the letter? It just needs to be catchy, maybe the game needs a different/new objective.

Dgoetz

I think we have to pick a name that people know, like something popular. It depends on how much traffic you want for the site.

PsuFan

I want as much traffic as possible but it has to have it's own name and make it popular itself.